|Council for America My
"To Empower to Practise Good
|965 Clover Court, Blue Bell, PA 19422
||T: (610) 277-0149
||F: (610) 277-3992
Im Ja P. Choi
Steve S. Choi
Il Hwan Kim
Sang Joo Kim
|Director for Systems Management
Director for Community Relations
Deputy Director for Voter Registration
Director for Outreach
|Tae Shik Kwon
Jae Jin Ma
Choon Ki Yoo
Ae Sook Yoon
Il Joong Yoon
|Director for Community Relations
Deputy Director for Outreach
Director for Ageing & Elder Care
Director for Voter Registration
Candidate [151st District] for Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Maple Glen, PA 19002
Dear Mr McGill:
Candidates' Public Debate for November 7th General Election|
October 27, 2000 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Yuong Sang Presbyterian Church Mission Center*
706 Witmer Road, Horsham, PA 19044 (215) 542-0288
*1,100 seating capacity equipped with simultaneous translation
In response to your faxed letter (1 p), dated September 28, 2000, please note the following:
- You completely failed to comprehend the simple English language in the invitation letter. It said the debate "format TBA".
- You did not request "on several occasions" contrary to your statement. Only one telephone call from your office was received on or about 12:05 PM Thursday, September 21, 2000, at which time the terms of the invitation was plainly explained to you/your designee in no ambiguous English language.
- Contrary to your statement, I did not hang up on you/your designee.
- There was/is no lack of communication on my part.
- You know that the language in the invitation letter is "upfront and above board" and that you sent in your letter yesterday afternoon only after the fact that I asked the Chair of your party for cooperation and leadership to effectuate the values of participation in the grassroot process.
- What is/are "the everything" you're referring to? The captioned debate is an important vehicle for constituents to learn where candidates stand on Concerns and Issues of Our Community.
- More often than not, the kind of actions and tone reflected in the said letter mirror a frivolous gripe and could brood an induction of a qualified estimate to test an appealing null hypothesis, let alone a fumbling attempt to set forth a handy pretext to dodge.
- I invite you to come and let's debate as/if you claim you "represent" the Korean community and if you expect us "not infer" that your being "unable to attend the debate" should show any "disrespect" to the Korean community. You know that no show of disrespect is not proof of absence of disrespect.
Sang Joo Kim / signed
|Register to Vote!
||Vote to Voice!
||Voice and Empower!
Public Education Builds a Stronger Community.
The Korean-American Community (KAC) is an Integral Part of America.
CAMC is a not-for-profit,
nonpartisan, civic and educational organisation. It promotes ways to enhance
good citizenship and its practice. It is solely supported by voluntary
strives to provide public service pro bono publico in the public interest.
All staff members are non-paid volunteers.
This page last updated 10/16/2000 jdb